Submissions | Invitation to Authors
Authors are invited to submit manuscripts for The Chemist, the official online refereed journal of The American Institute of Chemists (AIC). We accept submissions from all fields of chemistry defined broadly (e.g., scientific, educational, socio-political). The Chemist will not consider any paper or part of a paper that has been published or is under consideration for publication anywhere else.
Where to Send Manuscripts?
Please submit your manuscripts by e-mail () to the attention of:
The American Institute of Chemists, Inc.
315 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106-2702
Categories of Submissions
The submissions may be in any one of the following forms.
- Research Papers (up to ~5000 words) that are original will only be accepted. Research Papers are peer-reviewed and include an abstract, an introduction, up to 5 figures or tables, sections with brief subheadings and a maximum of approximately 30 references.
- Reports (up to ~3000 words) present new research results of broad interest to the chemistry community. Reports are peer- reviewed and include an abstract, an introductory paragraph, up to 3 figures or tables, and a maximum of approximately 15 references.
- Brief Reports (up to ~1500 words) are short papers that are peer-reviewed and present novel techniques or results of interest to the chemistry community.
- Review Articles (up to ~6000 words) describe new or existing areas of interest to the chemistry community. Review Articles are peer-reviewed and include an abstract, an introduction that outlines the main point, brief subheadings for each section and up to 80 references.
- Letters (up to ~500 words) discuss material published in The Chemist in the last 8 months or issues of general interest to the chemistry community.
- Book Reviews (up to ~ 500 words) will be accepted.
All submissions should be prepared with MS-Word and submitted as MS-Word documents. Please check the of The Chemist for detail information about the format.